Web services on guile

From: Romel R. Sandoval Palomo
Subject: Web services on guile
Date: Sat, 22 May 2010 15:20:28 -0500

Hi,

I'm planning to write an application with a client server architecture.
I want to write the server on PHP and the client on Scheme (Guile).

The user of the client application will push some information to the
server every time she wants. Something similar to a commit or push on
version control systems.

About my selection of technologies:
* PHP: to take advantage of installed infrastructure and cheep hosting
* XML-RCP or SOAP: is the only thing I know it can be used under PHP
* Guile: because I like it :-)

So my problem is: How to consume web services (XML-RPC or SOAP) with
Guile?

I have found gSOAP http://www.cs.fsu.edu/~engelen/soap.html

I think I have four alternatives:

 1. Keep the web service consumption part of the client in C using gSOAP
 2. Write a binding of gSOAP library for Guile
 3. Write a web services library for Guile from cero
 4. Forget about PHP and use ONC RPC

What do you think is the best alternative?
Do you see other alternatives?