Re: Generating compiled scm (.go) files as part of LilyPond build

From: Andy Wingo
Subject: Re: Generating compiled scm (.go) files as part of LilyPond build
Date: Mon, 29 Nov 2010 22:17:50 +0100

On Sat 27 Nov 2010 18:42, Ian Hulin <address@hidden> writes:

> Our long-term aim, when we are able to move to using Guile V2.0 as an
> infrastructure, is to byte-compile as many of these as possible during
> the Lily build using something like.
> $ guile-tool compile <scm file>
>    --output-file=<compiled-scm-dir><.go file>

Ralf has promised to add Guile 2.0 support to automake, so this should
be partly automated.

> At the moment, during Lily initialization we prefix the guile path
> %load-path with <lilypond-root>/scm as this is where we keep all the
> LilyPond-specific scm files.

There is also $GUILE_LOAD_COMPILED_PATH in 2.0, which you can set to the
proper path in your $builddir... which, ummm, doesn't appear to be
documented. Sorry about that. Want to patch our docs? :)

Ciao,

Andy
--
http://wingolog.org/