Re: crash in guile-sqlite3

From: Sunjoong Lee
Subject: Re: crash in guile-sqlite3
Date: Fri, 27 Apr 2012 14:40:59 +0900

Hi, Joonas;

2012/4/26 Joonas Sarajärvi <address@hidden>
I tried to run guile in gdb to get a backtrace from the crash. The
segfault seems to be triggered inside libsqlite3 code, but I could not
really get much useful information from it. I am thus writing here to
ask if someone else has more insight on why this is happening and if
it could be resolved.

Same crash on Guile 2.0.5. It looks like string encoding problem. Suppose name be an integer not a string like 10, it would not crash. sqlite-bind of Guile-SQLite3 will deliver this 10 to sqlite3_bind_int64 of libsqlite3. If a string, it will use sqlite3_bind_text of libsqlite3. Before delivering, it will encoding this string to utf-8 string pointer because sqlite3_bind_text need to know string pointer and it's length. I think you or Andy may look around that.