Typed Guile?

From: thorsopia
Subject: Typed Guile?
Date: Tue, 18 Sep 2012 22:06:09 -0400 (EDT)

Hi,

The first part of this message may look irrelevent, but you'll
understand why I decided to start this way.

I'm going to write a library.

Here is the list of things I care about (from the most important to
the least important):

 - Strict type system;
 - Wide community;
 - Performance.

There are several candidates:

 - Haskell;
 - Typed Racket;
 - Typed Clojure*.

Which one should I choose?

(Please don't answer right now.)

I've already tried to ask TR people:

"Typed Racket is designed for Racket. One day Guile will have a Typed
Guile companion, and Chez Scheme may have a Typed Chez companion but
until then TR is for Racket." [1]

Is it this bad? Do we really need Typed Guile?

Can we somehow adapt the static code to achieve its features in Guile?

I'm really concerned about code reuse. It's time to stop reinventing
the wheel.

My writing skills are not very great...
So I'm going to summarize the above:

 1. What language should I choose for my library?
 2. Do we need Typed Guile?

* I know nothing about TC's type system, but it's a possible candidate.

[1] http://lists.racket-lang.org/users/archive/2012-September/054037.html
    (This is not the first message on this thread.)