Re: Getting Guile 2.0.x onto Fedora

From: Ludovic Courtès
Subject: Re: Getting Guile 2.0.x onto Fedora
Date: Sun, 18 Nov 2012 16:42:06 +0100

Hi Mike,

Mike Gran <address@hidden> skribis:

> These are
> - Texmacs (#704515)
> - Autogen (#704517)
> - coot (#704518)
> - Demeno (#704519)
> - Freehoo (#704521)
> - Freetalk (#704522)
> - geda-gaf (#704524)
> - gnucash (#704527)
> - gnu robots (#704528) - looks complete, but bug is still open
> - guile-gnome-platform (#704530)
> - guile-lib (#704531)
> - lilypond (#704533)
> - mdk (#704544)

People can correct me if I’m wrong, but I think many of these packages
couldn’t switch transparently to Guile 2.0, and the required porting
effort hasn’t been started or completed yet.

For instance, I think there’s on-going work to port LilyPond and Autogen
to Guile 2.0; I haven’t heard of similar efforts for TeXmacs.

The latest version of guile-lib definitely works well with Guile 2.0;
guile-gnome-platform in git works well too, I think, but the latest
stable release doesn’t.

Would you like to help with all this?  :-)

Thanks,
Ludo’.