[ANN] Lisparuga - a 2D shoot-em-up made for the Lisp Game Jam

From: Thompson, David
Subject: [ANN] Lisparuga - a 2D shoot-em-up made for the Lisp Game Jam
Date: Tue, 10 May 2016 13:43:19 -0400

Hello Guilers,

The Spring 2016 Lisp Game Jam[0] has just concluded, and I thought I
would share my entry.  It's a 2D vertical scrolling shoot-em-up game
called "Lisparuga".  Naturally, it was written completely in Guile
using the Sly game engine.  It is a free software, low-fi homage to of
one of my favorite (proprietary) games of all time: Ikaruga.  It takes
great advantage to Guile 2.1.2 for improved general performance and
specifically the unboxed floating point operations.  It's a *very*
short game, and the levels were thrown together in haste to meet the
deadline, but it's pretty challenging and novice shmup players may
need a few tries in order to beat it.

https://davexunit.itch.io/lisparuga

It's a bit difficult to build right now if you don't use GNU Guix, but
I hope to have a pre-built binary for 64-bit Intel systems some time
in the future.  Rough compilation instructions are available on the
above page.

All of the Lisp Game Jam entries can be found at
<https://itch.io/jam/spring-2016-lisp-game-jam/entries>, including
Christopher Webber's MUD also written in Guile, which I highly
recommend checking out.

Happy hacking!

- Dave

[0] https://itch.io/jam/spring-2016-lisp-game-jam