Re: How to make GNU Guile more successful

From: Christopher Allan Webber
Subject: Re: How to make GNU Guile more successful
Date: Mon, 13 Mar 2017 22:26:07 -0500

Vítor De Araújo writes:

> First, I think it would be nice to have a Guile wiki, in the likes of
> cliki.net. A publicly-editable reference place where people can share
> knowledge about Guile and Guile libraries and projects. Sure, having a
> centralized package manager/repository would be nice, but just having
> a common place where people can look up what libraries exist and where
> they can be downloaded would be nice. (I don't know how easy would it
> be to set up a wiki at the Guile website.)

A Guile wiki would be pretty nice, but my experience is that running a
wiki is a maintenance drag, and nobody really wants to keep it going for
a project of Guile's size (I wish this weren't the case).  Of course, if
someone wants to run one, great!  But IMO it would be better to "team
up" with something/someone that's already running a wiki.  I would
suggest using a namespace under the LibrePlanet wiki?  That one is
already maintained by the FSF sysadmins and/or GNU sysadmin
volunteers (I don't quite know the setup).