Re: on using 8cc in reproducible bootstrap process

From: Mike Gran
Subject: Re: on using 8cc in reproducible bootstrap process
Date: Sun, 18 Jun 2017 07:53:22 -0700

On Sun, Jun 18, 2017 at 03:52:23PM +0200, Jan Nieuwenhuizen wrote:
> Hi!
>
> The next leap forward is to compile gcc.  I have been looking at
> compiling Tinycc[3].  A couple of weeks ago, rain1 has been working with
> the tcc developers to succeed in compiling gcc using tcc[4].

> which one would you advise, or do you have a better alternative?  Should
> I 1) learn about anonymous structs and make Mescc richer, or would you
> like to (help and) take patches for 2)?

For what it is worth, the hacker ragge and the OpenBSD community spent
some time a couple of years ago getting the old PCC Porable C Compiler
back up and running.  Because it is based on a much older program, it
may not have these new features with which you are struggling.

http://pcc.ludd.ltu.se/

-Mike Gran