guix-devel

Re: Online hackathon ?

From: Cyril Roelandt
Subject: Re: Online hackathon ?
Date: Wed, 28 Aug 2013 20:43:28 +0200

On 08/28/2013 03:02 PM, Ludovic Courtès wrote:
Nikita Karetnikov <address@hidden> skribis:

Some people at the GHM seemed to be interested in packaging stuff in
Guix. Should we have a hackathon soon (1 or 2 weeks) where we could
help people on IRC for a whole week-end ? Do you think many people
might be interested ?

I like the idea.  I think there should be a low-hanging-fruit-list, so
people won’t lose focus.  What should be packaged that’s not too tricky
for newcomers?

I think there’s a verrrrry large choice of things to package ;-), so we
can let people choose.  Then savvy people can tell them whether it’s
going to be too difficult, etc.

WDYT?

People at the GHM knew what they wanted to package. I know Amirouche (who's been on #guix for a few weeks) was trying to package skribilo. I think we should let them package what they want.

It'd be great to decide what __we__ should package for the next release, though :)

Cyril.