guix-devel

Re: Agreeing on some "rules" for packaging.

From: Nikita Karetnikov
Subject: Re: Agreeing on some "rules" for packaging.
Date: Fri, 30 Aug 2013 22:15:47 +0400

While we are at it, we could agree on quotation marks.  I know that it
sounds like bikeshedding…  However, it doesn’t look right when some
people use `' and others use ''.

“Although GNU programs traditionally used 0x60 (‘`’) for opening and 0x27
(‘'’) for closing quotes, nowadays quotes ‘`like this'’ are typically
rendered asymmetrically, so quoting ‘"like this"’ or ‘'like this'’
typically looks better.” [1]

I’d prefer '' but will use `' if we agree on that.

[1] https://gnu.org/prep/standards/standards.html#Quote-Characters