guix-devel

Re: Python-build-system does not honour phases

From: Andreas Enge
Subject: Re: Python-build-system does not honour phases
Date: Tue, 10 Sep 2013 10:26:55 +0200

On Mon, Sep 09, 2013 at 11:35:55PM +0200, Ludovic Courtès wrote:
> The problem is that both the gnu-build-system and the
> python-build-system were getting imported, and both export a
> ‘%standard-phases’.

That is what I thought. I tried to add a
  #:use-module ((guix build-system gnu)
                #:select (gnu-build-system))
but that was not enough.

> The fix is to use only python-build-system:

That also does not seem to work. I split out the packages into two modules,
python for the python binaries that use gnu-build-system, and python-modules
for the packages using python-build-system.

The same error occurs, (alist-replace %standard-build-system) ends up with
the configure from gnu-build-system.

Could it have something to do with the way %standard-phases of python are
derived from those of gnu? Or that code is quoted and executed in a different
environment from where it is written?

Maybe we should try to use a variable name %python-standard-phases instead.

Andreas