guix-devel

Re: MIPS64/N64 support

From: Ludovic Courtès
Subject: Re: MIPS64/N64 support
Date: Mon, 30 Sep 2013 18:26:17 +0200

(Cc’ing Lluís who may know more.)

Nikita Karetnikov <address@hidden> skribis:

> OK, I fetched the tarballs.  Now I’m getting this error.
>

> $ ./pre-inst-env guix build -K hello
>
> [...]
>
> make-3.82/main.c
> make-3.82/README.OS2
> make-3.82/remote-cstms.c
> phase `unpack' succeeded after 4 seconds
> shell-init: error retrieving current directory: getcwd: cannot access parent
> directories: Inappropriate ioctl for device

Could you try running the statically-linked bash from
‘static-binaries.tar.xz’ and see if the same error occurs?  Perhaps
strace it so we can see where that error comes from.

Looking at
<http://sourceware.org/cgi-bin/cvsweb.cgi/src/gdb/syscalls/?cvsroot=src>,
syscalls have different numbers in n64 vs. n32.  So I suppose the kernel
needs to be compiled to support the n64 ABI?

Ludo’.