guix-devel

Re: Brasero, or gnome without gnome

From: Andreas Enge
Subject: Re: Brasero, or gnome without gnome
Date: Wed, 2 Oct 2013 22:53:08 +0200

On Wed, Oct 02, 2013 at 09:26:08PM +0200, Cyril Roelandt wrote:
> Should this go in cdrom.scm or in gnome.scm ? How do we decide on
> where we define GNOME programs ?

We could decide that everything from mirror://gnome is a gnome program.
Then brasero should go into gnome.scm.

So far, there is also glib.scm and gtk.scm with bits and pieces from gnome.

On the other hand, I just put hicolor-icon-theme and icon-naming-utils
into gnome.scm, although they are not part of gnome (but the first one is
needed by brasero and supposedly most other gnome programs, and the second
one is needed to compile gnome-icon-theme).

A good scheme would be very welcome.

One possibility would be a purely syntactical one: regroup everything from
mirror://gnome into gnome.scm (which would become rather large, I suppose),
and everything from freedesktop.org into a newly created freedesktop.scm.

Andreas