guix-devel

Re: Brasero, or gnome without gnome

From: Ludovic Courtès
Subject: Re: Brasero, or gnome without gnome
Date: Thu, 03 Oct 2013 23:10:54 +0200

Andreas Enge <address@hidden> skribis:

> On Thu, Oct 03, 2013 at 01:21:14PM +0200, Ludovic Courtès wrote:
>> Assuming the format is stable, we could just use the current glib.
>
> This is probably the only viable approach. It feels less functional than
> one would like: The user profile then depends not only on the installed
> packages, but also (potentially) on the current glib version. Close to a
> side effect, I would say.

I don’t think this matches the definition of a side effect.  ;-)

But yes, that means you possibly end up pulling an extra package just to
build the profile.

It’s actually already the case: the profile is built by running
‘guile-final’, so when you don’t have it in the store, it gets built
just to be able to build the profile (unless you passed --bootstrap).

Ludo’.