guix-devel

Re: Possible licensing issue with TCL and TK, and potentially GTK+.

From: Ludovic Courtès
Subject: Re: Possible licensing issue with TCL and TK, and potentially GTK+.
Date: Sat, 05 Oct 2013 15:06:24 +0200

address@hidden skribis:

> While lurking in #gnu on freenode, I was made aware that there is some
> uncertainty in-regards to the way Tcl, Tk, and now, how some parts of GTK+
> are licensed and specifically, if a certain disclaimer, invalidates these
> as a free software. The full license is located here:
> http://www.tcl.tk/software/tcltk/license.html

The current consensus is that this a free software license, as per
<http://directory.fsf.org/wiki/Tcl_Tk> (though it’s not listed on
<http://www.gnu.org/philosophy/license-list.html>.)

If you think there’s a problem with this license, please bring it up on
the address@hidden mailing list, possibly escalating to
address@hidden if people agree that there is doubt.

Let us know here what conclusions people draw, and we’ll act accordingly.

Thanks!

Ludo’.