guix-devel

Re: [bug-gsrc] Synchronizing descriptions with GSRC?

From: Karl Berry
Subject: Re: [bug-gsrc] Synchronizing descriptions with GSRC?
Date: Tue, 08 Oct 2013 16:16:00 -0600

    Should the transltion be done in Womb?

I don't think that would be practical.

These descriptions (in HTML form) will end up on www.gnu.org.  Therefore
the web translators (not the TP translators) will be translating them.
I believe po format is involved and thus could conceivably be used
without too much trouble, but I've never actually delved into those
details.  Ineiev could tell us if it matters.

I expect that the web translators will cover one set of languages, the
TP translators will cover a second set, and the overlap will be a
classic Venn diagram :).  So perhaps it would be submitting to TP as
well, one way or another.  (I.e., from gsrc, or from guix if you decide
to use these blurbs too.)

karl