guix-devel

Re: Translation of package descriptions and synopses

From: Karl Berry
Subject: Re: Translation of package descriptions and synopses
Date: Wed, 9 Oct 2013 21:48:00 GMT

    œôòùd have to make
    sure Guix can have .po files in the end

I believe that is what you'll get with GNUN (the web translators).  What
I imagine is that you would be getting the .po from www instead of tp,
with no other difference in the process.

We'll have to talk with Ineiev about the details.  Before that I have to
put the pkgdescrs (which, BTW, I'm tempted to rename to "blurbs", which
seems somehow more descriptive than "descriptions") into www so there is
something tangible to talk about.  And before that I want to review the
text.  And before that I want to finish getting through today's email.

More later,
Karl