guix-devel

Re: Important libffi bug fix for MIPS N32

From: Mark H Weaver
Subject: Re: Important libffi bug fix for MIPS N32
Date: Wed, 23 Oct 2013 13:43:36 -0400

Nikita Karetnikov <address@hidden> writes:

> The coreutils package fails to build:
>
> FAIL: test-fchownat (exit: 134)
> ===============================
>
> test-chown.h:193: assertion failed

Hmm.  The same derivation (with the same hash) passes this test and
builds successfully on my YeeLoong.  Perhaps the problem is related to
the kernel you're using?  I built it on linux-libre-3.10.15.

In any case, since I'm unable to reproduce the problem on my end, you'll
need to take the lead on debugging this.  I'd recommend building it
again using "guix build -K" so that the build directory is kept, and
then you can investigate further.  There might be a log file associated
with that test with more information, or perhaps you can run the test
manually under a debugger or under strace and find out more.

You could also try a newer kernel.  As you probably know, the
Linux-libre project builds Loongson-patched kernels for gNewSense:

  http://linux-libre.fsfla.org/pub/linux-libre/lemote/gnewsense/pool/

linux-image-3.10.17-gnu_0loongsonlibre_mipsel.deb would correspond most
closely to what worked for me, though beware that on my system at least,
the wireless driver hangs the system, so I have to use ethernet instead.

   Good luck!
      Mark