guix-devel

Re: The new patch method and mit-krb5

From: Mark H Weaver
Subject: Re: The new patch method and mit-krb5
Date: Mon, 04 Nov 2013 12:30:24 -0500

> What we could do is to add a ‘snippet’ field in <origin> where users
> could provide an expression to use as the patch phase.

How about adding a 'snippet' field to <origin> where users could provide
an expression to use as the _unpack_ phase?  That's really what we need
here, and it would be nice to support things other than 'tar'.

I suppose another option would be to make another derivation whose sole
purpose is to extract the actual source tarball out of the second-level
tarball (which for 'mit-krb5' contains both the source tarball and the
signature).  However, I'm not sure how to make the 'mit-krb5' package
description use the results of this other derivation as the source
tarball.

Ideas welcome.

     Thanks,
       Mark