guix-devel

Re: Cross compiling libxml2

From: Ludovic Courtès
Subject: Re: Cross compiling libxml2
Date: Thu, 12 Dec 2013 22:46:02 +0100

John Darrington <address@hidden> skribis:

> But another problem which I'm not sure how to fix is that (assoc-ref inputs
> "libc")
> returns false.  Hence the build fails:

Actually, when cross-compiling, the phase procedures are passed #:inputs
and #:native-inputs.  So “libc” is in the #:native-inputs alist, while
“cross-libc” is in the #:inputs alist.

So you’d have to do something like that:

  (assoc-ref inputs ,(if (%current-target-system) "cross-libc" "libc"))

This is not great, and we should probably fix that in the next
‘core-updates’.  In the meantime, that’s what we have.

The packages needed to cross-build ‘bootstrap-tarballs’ (as Hydra does)
either do not refer explicitly to libc, or have a special case that
removes the need to refer to it (as for ncurses), which is why we never
came across that before.

Thanks,
Ludo’.