guix-devel

Re: Guix & signed archive export/import

From: Niels Möller
Subject: Re: Guix & signed archive export/import
Date: Mon, 30 Dec 2013 18:45:09 +0100

> Sure, but again, all we have is a small subset of SPKI, and no
> delegations.

I think spki gets really interesting once you have delegations. I intend
to add that to lsh, for both user and host keys. But it's been some years
without any progress on that front.

> Currently I don’t see how such tags could be used, and they may be hard
> to define.
>
> In Guix, all package binaries are collected in the “store”, a big
> directory with one sub-directory per package.

Then, it would make some sense to have a tag syntax to restrict
authorization to a single package, and not allow installation of the
packege to touch anything outside of its corresponding directory.

Regards,
/Niels