guix-devel

Re: Package Definition Place

From: John Darrington
Subject: Re: Package Definition Place
Date: Sat, 4 Jan 2014 08:15:40 +0100

On Fri, Jan 03, 2014 at 08:10:56PM -0500, Kete wrote:
     On Friday, January 03, 2014 04:19:26 PM Ludovic Courtès wrote:
     > It is called ‘x11’ (to avoid ambiguity with other licenses originating
     > from MIT) in the (guix licenses) module.  So you would write
     >
     >    (define-module (gnu packages zsh)
     >        (license (x11-style "http://url-of/the/license";))
     >
     > >        guix build: error: zsh: unknown package
     >
     > That will be solved by the above.
     >
     > HTH!

     Thanks, that did help, but I got the following error:
        checking if tcsetpgrp() actually works... notty
        configure: error: no controlling tty
        Try running configure with --with-tcsetpgrp or --without-tcsetpgrp
     I tried the first flag, but it "failed to match any pattern in form". I
was
     copying the bash.scm, but I'm not sure if Zsh needs the readline and
texinfo
     stuff. Maybe I should just attach my package definition as Nikita
requested.
     It's attached.

       (let* ((configure-flags
          ``("--with-tcsetpgrp"))))

The example in bash.scm is over complicated.  Look at some of the examples in
xorg.scm to see how to set configure-flags.

--
PGP Public key ID: 1024D/2DE827B3