guix-devel

Re: [gnu.org #881181] Re: [gnu.org #881518] Re: Package synopses and blu

From: Ludovic Courtès
Subject: Re: [gnu.org #881181] Re: [gnu.org #881518] Re: Package synopses and blurbs translation
Date: Thu, 09 Jan 2014 14:24:00 +0100

"Ineiev via RT" <address@hidden> skribis:

> On 01/09/2014 02:57 PM, Ludovic Courtès via RT wrote:
>> "Ineiev via RT" <address@hidden> skribis:
>>
>>> If there are other (non-web) translators, we may want to arrange a cron job
>>> to commit their translations to www.
>>
>> There would likely be duplicated work if there were both www and non www
>> people translating these things, which is why I started this discussion.
>
> I don't think so; there is more work than active translators.
>
>> Are you suggesting that we might get better results via the TP?
>
> No, I'm suggesting that it's possible to delegate the work to groups
> other than GNU web translators (especially when we have no active
> team for a language), and www.gnu.org can take advantage of it.

I agree that it would be best, but how do we avoid duplication of work?
I mean, we already have a few package translations at
<http://translationproject.org/domain/guix.html> (representing the only
package file currently in POTFILES), but obviously the translators were
not aware of what was being done on the www side (and vice versa.)

I’m fairly new to the translation process, and I just don’t know how we
can tell the TP volunteers to synchronize with the www volunteers.  What
would you recommend?

Thanks,
Ludo’.