guix-devel

Re: [bug-womb] [gnu.org #881181] Re: [gnu.org #881518] Re: Package synop

From: John Darrington via RT
Subject: Re: [bug-womb] [gnu.org #881181] Re: [gnu.org #881518] Re: Package synopses and blurbs translation
Date: Sun, 12 Jan 2014 01:39:20 -0500

On Sat, Jan 11, 2014 at 06:34:38PM -0500, Karl Berry via RT wrote:

     On the other hand, having translations simultaneously happening in TP
     and www seems like a lot of headache to me.

I agree, and this is what I was alluding to in my previous emails - and in some
cases the work is not only being duplicated, but triplicated --- www, TP, and
independently by the packages themselves.

     And www translators will
     not, in general, be technically up to using TP.

That, I find hard to believe.  TP requires no technical ability, beyond editing
the po files (either using a tool or a normal editor) and sending emails.  It is
perhaps true that the TP robot is somewhat cumbersome - a web interface to
compilment the current email interface might be a good idea.  But like you say,
this will require cooperation between TP and whoever.  Might this not be a good
opportunity to work together for a solution .... ?

J'

--
PGP Public key ID: 1024D/2DE827B3