guix-devel

Re: Gnunet-0.10.0 recipe

From: Andreas Enge
Subject: Re: Gnunet-0.10.0 recipe
Date: Thu, 30 Jan 2014 23:39:12 +0100

Hello,

On Thu, Jan 30, 2014 at 05:36:03PM +0100, Sree Harsha Totakura wrote:
> Here is the much awaited recipe for GNUnet.  The patches follow this email.

excellent! I also worked on gnunet and think my handling of phases is
a bit simpler and clearer:

   (arguments
    `(#:phases
        ;; swap check and install phases and set paths to installed binaries
        (alist-cons-before
         'check 'set-path-for-check
         (lambda* (#:key outputs #:allow-other-keys)
          (let ((out (assoc-ref outputs "out")))
           (setenv "GNUNET_PREFIX" out)
           (setenv "PATH" (string-append (getenv "PATH") ":" out "/bin"))))
        (alist-cons-after
         'install 'check
         (assoc-ref %standard-phases 'check)
        (alist-delete
         'check
        %standard-phases)))))

(where the 'set-path-for-check phase will be made obsolete by the recent
gnunet modification I suggested in its bug tracker).

We have slightly different inputs; what is opus needed for? Apart from that,
I have additional inputs:
      ("libmicrohttpd" ,libmicrohttpd)
      ("openssl" ,openssl) ; needed for some tests creating TLS certificates

Maybe openssl is a remainder from an earlier gnunet version and not needed/
used anymore?

Andreas