guix-devel

Re: none

From: Ludovic Courtès
Subject: Re: none
Date: Tue, 04 Feb 2014 21:47:27 +0100

John Darrington <address@hidden> skribis:

> In my opinion the changelog conventions are achronistic, unintuitive,
> and bring benefit neither to developers nor users.

Well, opinions may vary.

It benefits me when I review other people’s patches, because it helps me
understand the structure of the change.  And it benefits me before I
commit something, because it forces me to review all of my patch, make
sure it’s consistent, make sure there’s no leftover, and giving me an
opportunity to add comments to code that appears non-obvious in
hindsight.

I think the rationale at
<http://www.gnu.org/prep/standards/standards.html#Change-Logs> still
holds.