guix-devel

Google Summer of Code: GNUnet and Guix

From: Sree Harsha Totakura
Subject: Google Summer of Code: GNUnet and Guix
Date: Thu, 06 Feb 2014 15:27:31 +0100

On 02/06/2014 01:25 PM, Christian Grothoff wrote:
> Well, aside from that our plan was to package for GNU Guix and
> then use Guix to deploy to legacy distributions, I am unconvinced
> that "merely" packaging is an appropriate activity for a summer
> of *Code*.  At least I had the impression that the goal was to write
> a bit more substantial code than what is typically required to script
> a package.

Make a GNUnet package for GNU Guix is already done.  I recently
submitted patches for that.

> Still, it's of course great to hear that we'd have somebody willing
> and able to mentor this, so we should keep this in mind if/when student
> applications are submitted.

What I want to see in the near future is for GNU Guix to propagate
updates using GNUnet.  I am willing to contribute to both projects in
this direction and hopefully can mentor someone or be mentored by someone.

Regards,
Sree Harsha