guix-devel

Re: gnu : add GNU Mig

From: Ludovic Courtès
Subject: Re: gnu : add GNU Mig
Date: Thu, 20 Feb 2014 23:20:31 +0100

Manolis Ragkousis <address@hidden> skribis:

> 1) Fixed the variable and package name to "mig"
> 2) Fixed the position of the backtick with M-x indent-region to be properly
> aligned
> 3) mig is not a binary but a script, but it still needs the build phase.
> You were right Ludo.
> 4) I wrapped the lines to ~75 chars
> 5) I took the description from the GNU mig website and make
> sync-descriptions doesn't say anything so I guess it's the right one.
>
> I hope I did everything right this time :-)

Yep, thanks! :-)

> +    (arguments
> +     `(#:configure-flags '("TARGET_CPPFLAGS=-I/include"
> "--build=i686-pc-gnu")
> +       #:tests? #f))

I pushed it after removing #:configure-flags: the --build hack isn’t
needed here AFAICS, and TARGET_CPPFLAGS=-I/include is useless given that
we don’t have /include.

Also, when such non-obvious hacks are needed, it’s important to add a
comment explaining why they are needed.

Thanks!

Ludo’.