guix-devel

Re: About GSoC 2014

From: Ludovic Courtès
Subject: Re: About GSoC 2014
Date: Mon, 03 Mar 2014 23:40:41 +0100

Hello,

Xue Fuqiao <address@hidden> skribis:

> Having used Emacs for 4 years, I am a Chinese student and an Emacs
> developer.  I'd like to work on Guix under the GNU umbrella for GSoC
> 2014, especially this project:
>
>   * Package management from Emacs
>     The goal of this project is to write a complete package management
>     user interface for use in GNU Emacs. The UI would provide the same
>     functionality as the `guix package' command, but using an interface
>     similar to that of package.el.
>
> I have write access to Emacs repo, so it isn't hard for me to add this
> package to GNU ELPA or Emacs proper.
>
> I'm not quite familiar with Scheme/Guix (yet), but I like them and am
> willing to learn.  Currently, I'm learning Geiser and reading
> README/HACKING/ROADMAP/TODO/guix.texi now.

Sounds great!  I remember you showed interest last year.  Yagnesh
Raghava Yakkala wrote a few days ago saying they’d be interested too.

Are you applying for other projects as well for this year?

Please familiarize yourself with the tools, and report any issues or
questions you may have.  It would be great also to start discussing more
precisely what the UI should look like, and sketch a road map.

Also make sure to come on #guix to discuss!

Thanks,
Ludo’.