guix-devel

Re: Guix - GNUnet binary ditribution roadmap

From: Mark H Weaver
Subject: Re: Guix - GNUnet binary ditribution roadmap
Date: Thu, 13 Mar 2014 10:06:07 -0400

> Ideally, I imagine you could do something like:
>
>   dht-get /gnu/store/ykmg6ydrmlkn600wklriw3wzc1z3dcli-emacs-24.3
>
> and get as a reply (roughly) a tuple containing:
>
>   1. a signature (as a canonical s-expression);

Why only one signature?  I think this should be a set of signatures.

Nodes should accumulate a set of signatures asserting that a given build
output is the result of a given derivation, just as GPG accumulates a
list of signatures on each user id, no?

This is the only way I know of to achieve confidence that the build
outputs are authentic.

      Mark