guix-devel

Re: dmd: Unload one or all services at runtime.

From: Alex Sassmannshausen
Subject: Re: dmd: Unload one or all services at runtime.
Date: Wed, 19 Mar 2014 15:25:28 +0100

Hello,

Please find an updated second patch which should arrive shortly.

Ludovic Courtès writes:

> Alex Sassmannshausen <address@hidden> skribis:
>
>> * modules/dmd/service.scm (runtime-load): New procedure.
>>   (dmd-service): Re-factor 'load', add new action: 'reload'.
>> * dmd.texi (The 'dmd' and 'unknown' services): Document 'reload'.
>> * tests/basic.sh: Add 'reload' test.
>
> Again I would call everything ‘reload’, for instance.  ‘runtime-load’
> sounds like a pleonasm to me.
>
> WDYT?

The procedure in question is now actually used by the 'load' and
'reload' actions, so simply calling it 'reload' would not be correct.

I can see it being a pleonasm, so I've renamed the procedure
'load-config'. To be clear, the new action itself IS called 'reload'
(so you would use it by 'deco reload dmd $file_name').

I've implemented your other suggestions, the tests pass.

Let me know if you have any other comments.

Cheers,

Alex