guix-devel

Installation questions.

From: Yagnesh Raghava Yakkala
Subject: Installation questions.
Date: Fri, 21 Mar 2014 20:06:27 +0900

Hello all,

I have followed installation procedure and created users for
guix-builder. Started guix-daemon.

While trying to install hello package I had few problems, but managed to
go further, thanks to the error message emitting from guix-deamon.

At first I had to create /gnu/store folder
  then, changing permissions/group for /gnu/store folder. (This was suggested by
  error message itself. Nice )
  then, there had to create /dev/kvm folder.

So the question is why did I have to these manually?  is it some thing to do
with how I installed the guix.?

Finally I installed hello package using `guix package -i hello'. Took around
more than two hours. is it legit?

Further, If try another package say `guix package -i autoconf'. It is trying
to installing whole lot of dependencies AGAIN. am I doing some thing wrong here.

Finally, I run above commands as root, now if switch back and try to install
as normal user, it seems guix doesn't reuse dependencies installed by root
user. is it intended.?

Thanks,
--
ఎందరో మహానుభావులు అందరికి వందనములు.