guix-devel

Re: SVN download

From: Ludovic Courtès
Subject: Re: SVN download
Date: Tue, 25 Mar 2014 21:29:02 +0100

Sree Harsha Totakura <address@hidden> skribis:

> I wrote a helper to download sources from SVN directories.  I guess it
> works but I am unable to test it as I get the following error while
> validating the server SSL certificates:

Given that our Subversion is currently linked against an OpenSSL-using
version of Neon, I think what would need to be done is to (1) get a
ca-certificates packages, and (2) point whatever OpenSSL’s environment
variable is to those certificates, in the build environment.

This has been discussed a bit in the thread at

  https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/guix-devel/2014-02/msg00242.html

Now, alternately, does GNUnet provide http SVN access (no TLS)?
If it does, you could:

  1. Do an SVN checkout manually, and authenticate it (we can’t really
     claim that TLS buys you anything here, as discussed with Mark on
     IRC recently...)

  2. Compute that checkout’s hash, with ‘guix hash -r’.

  3. Write your recipe so that it uses the non-SSL SVN access, with the
     revision and hash obtained above.

WDYT?

Ludo’.