guix-devel

Re: Installing a C tool chain

From: Ludovic Courtès
Subject: Re: Installing a C tool chain
Date: Mon, 14 Apr 2014 23:32:02 +0200

Andreas Enge <address@hidden> skribis:

> On Mon, Apr 14, 2014 at 09:16:31PM +0200, Ludovic Courtès wrote:
>> This is because you’re compiling with -Wundef -Werror, something that
>> libc 2.19 headers apparently don’t support.
>
> I tried without both, and then it works. Do you have a source and suggestion
> on what to do in such a case?

All I know is that feature test macros have been cleaned up in 2.19, so
perhaps it led to a change in behavior.

> Is it deprecated to use -Werror with the autotoools?

In general, using -Werror is very risky, because a slight change in a
third-party header, or in compiler warnings, can cause the project to
fail to build.  In Guile building with -Werror is opt-in for this
reason.

Cheers,
Ludo’.