guix-devel

Re: GSoC status

From: Mark H Weaver
Subject: Re: GSoC status
Date: Wed, 23 Apr 2014 12:16:11 -0400

> As you may know, we got one slot for Guix as part of the GNU
> organization for GSoC.  I emailed José and Giuseppe (who take care of
> that on the GNU side) before going away from keyboard, telling we’d like
> to have Manolis on the Hurd porting project.
>
> Somehow the message got lost.

FWIW, I received that message (dated Wed, 09 Apr 2014 21:28:54 +0200),
as I was on the CC list.  In fact, I received two copies of it.

I see that it was also sent to Thomas Schwinge, Samuel Thibault, Richard
Braun, Andreas Enge, and Nikita Karetnikov.  It would be interesting to
know which of the recipients saw the message, and how it got lost.

> The lesson is that I should have been more cautious.  Probably that
> process would be best handled by a group of people.

We must keep in mind that email is no longer reliable, given the
widespread use of aggressive and heuristic spam filtering today.

     Mark