guix-devel

Re: Perl modules

From: Andreas Enge
Subject: Re: Perl modules
Date: Sun, 11 May 2014 13:41:27 +0200

On Sun, May 11, 2014 at 01:31:12PM +0200, Ludovic Courtès wrote:
> But there’s no tool that really “interprets” of what’s in the
> ‘description’ field[*].  What do you mean?
> [*] Actually, ‘fill-paragraph’ from (guix ui), which is used for the
>     output of ‘guix package --search’ does some very basic
>     interpretation.

Well, the output of "guix package --search" has different line breaks than
those present in the string of the description field. So something modifies
it, maybe the scheme interpreter itself in what it does with multi-line
strings, maybe the function you mention. In any case, "x.\nY" may be output
as "x. Y"; so if we wish to have double spaces in the output, we need to
write "x.  Y" on the same line.

Andreas