guix-devel

Re: problems for install Skribilo-0.9.2 in Guix-0.6

From: Andreas Enge
Subject: Re: problems for install Skribilo-0.9.2 in Guix-0.6
Date: Thu, 5 Jun 2014 17:36:40 +0200

On Thu, Jun 05, 2014 at 03:04:03PM +0200, Ludovic Courtès wrote:
> Besides, note that if you want, you can instruct Guix to use pre-built
> binaries (when possible) by following the instructions at:
>   http://www.gnu.org/software/guix/manual/guix.html#Substitutes

Here the binary packages might have been garbage collected. I think we need
to ensure that the packages from the latest stable release are kept. Would
it be possible to register roots for this? Or one solution would be to install
all packages of a release into some user profile on the hydra machine.

Andreas