guix-devel

Re: Emacs interface for Guix

From: Ludovic Courtès
Subject: Re: Emacs interface for Guix
Date: Wed, 16 Jul 2014 16:18:06 +0200

Hi!

Alex Kost <address@hidden> skribis:

> I'm working on Emacs UI for Guix and I have pushed something that
> can be tried.  Currently there is no interacting with Guix daemon so
> such actions as deleting, installing,... are not supported yet.  But it
> is possible to search for and show info about packages.

Just tried it, and it works great!

> Important: Geiser is required; and the first start of the REPL may take a
> long time.

That’s because it’s rebuilding most of the modules, AFAICS.  Perhaps
‘geiser-guile-load-path’ needs to be augmented to avoid that?

> Also if anyone is interested, I appreciate any help with the scheme
> code.  I need a function returning a list of installed packages, and a
> function "package-installed?".

There’s ‘manifest-installed?’ in (guix profiles):

scheme@(guile-user)> ,use(guix profiles)
scheme@(guile-user)> (define m (call-with-input-file
"/home/ludo/.guix-profile/manifest" read-manifest))
scheme@(guile-user)> (manifest-installed? m (manifest-pattern (name "emacs")))
$3 = #t

See tests/profiles.scm for more examples.

> Sorry if this list is not an appropriate place for this announcement.

It’s definitely appropriate.  :-)

Thanks!

Ludo’.