guix-devel

Re: Troubles with install image

From: David Thompson
Subject: Re: Troubles with install image
Date: Wed, 16 Jul 2014 19:20:17 -0400

David Thompson <address@hidden> writes:

> From reading gnu/system/install.scm file, I would expect it to install
> the guix dev package, not the 0.6 release.  I'm quite confused.

Okay, so as a hack I edited the package definition for guix 0.6 so that
it would skip the test suite.  I was able to complete the installation
this way.

Unfortunately, when I booted I was greeted by a kernel panic:

In
/gnu/store/1xi72srwwr0q28gyxb4zq5gz408zpd-module-import/guix/build/linux-initrd.scm:
 630: 2 [boot-system # # # ...]
 371: 1 [configure-qemu-networking "eth0"]
In unknown file:
   ?: 0 [network-interface-flags #<input-output: socket 5> "eth0"]

ERROR: In procedure network-interface-flags: No such device

So close, yet so far.

--
David Thompson
Web Developer - Free Software Foundation - http://fsf.org