guix-devel

Re: Troubles with install image

From: Ludovic Courtès
Subject: Re: Troubles with install image
Date: Thu, 17 Jul 2014 18:31:06 +0200

David Thompson <address@hidden> skribis:

> From reading gnu/system/install.scm file, I would expect it to install
> the guix dev package, not the 0.6 release.  I'm quite confused.

OK, here’s the story:

The installation image does include the development version, as you
noticed.

When you run ‘guix system init’ from the USB stick, that’s the
development version that’s used, specifically commit 20b1d19.

However, (@ (gnu packages package-management) guix) in commit 20b1d19
referred to Guix 0.6.

Thus, you end up installing Guix 0.6.

Commit 42b9b8f solves that by upgrading the development snapshot (I only
tested it on x86_64 though.)

Ludo’.