guix-devel

pypi->guix script

From: David Thompson
Subject: pypi->guix script
Date: Sat, 06 Sep 2014 16:10:04 -0400

Hello all,

Over the past several days I've begun the long process towards packaging
GNU MediaGoblin, a Python web application with a lot of dependencies.
To make the process easier, I threw together a little script that can
automatically generate Guix package snippets for Python libraries using
metadata available on pypi.python.org.  Packages generated by this
script will still need some tweaking like adding the necessary build
inputs and verifying the license, but a lot of the tedious work has been
removed such as finding the latest release tarball and computing its
hash.

For more details and source code, check out the git repository:
https://gitorious.org/davexunit/pypi2guix

See the "Future Improvements" section of the README if you're interested
in automating this process even more.

Happy hacking!

--
David Thompson