guix-devel

Re: What's the current state of HURD on Guix?

From: Manolis Ragkousis
Subject: Re: What's the current state of HURD on Guix?
Date: Thu, 11 Sep 2014 05:37:23 +0000

Hello Omar

I am the one working on that port. We are getting there, just more
slowly cause I am working on some university projects.

We had some issues with glibc/hurd which refused to build (the
upstream version could not be built, whether the debian could) but
thankfully with solved that, with lot's of help from the Hurd guys.

Currently Ludovic uploaded the glibc/hurd related patches on the
wip-hurd branch. Some small things need to be fixed and then it will
be merged with master. I will send the related patch probably this
week.
Packages already part of guix: gnumach headers, mig, hurd headers.

We are getting there :-)

Thank you for your interest and I hope I answered your question.
Manolis