guix-devel

On-line hackathon on Sep. 27-28?

From: Ludovic Courtès
Subject: On-line hackathon on Sep. 27-28?
Date: Thu, 11 Sep 2014 14:40:57 +0200

Hello!

Last year we had an “on-line hackathon” to celebrate GNU’s 30th
birthday¹.  While discussing on IRC, it seemed a good idea to similarly
celebrate GNU’s 31st birthday, on the 27th and 28th of September.

Tasks would include helping newcomers, packaging (see
<http://libreplanet.org/wiki/Group:Guix/Wishlist>), improving the
operating system notably by adding new service definitions, hacking dmd,
fixing bugs, etc.

This should be accessible to anyone with experience with GNU/Linux
packages.  People with experience in Guile Scheme would find additional
things to work on, such as ‘guix import’ to import package definitions
From other systems (PyPi, configure.ac, etc.), making ‘guix refresh’
work for non-GNU packages, etc.

How does that sound?  Perhaps we should setup a wiki page on
libreplanet.org to collect ideas and a list of interested people?

Ludo’.

PS: The few of us living in Bordeaux may gather together somewhere.

¹ https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/guix-devel/2013-09/msg00206.html