guix-devel

emacs package

From: Federico Beffa
Subject: emacs package
Date: Sat, 13 Sep 2014 15:13:27 +0200

Hi,

I've installed guix 0.7 and its emacs package (and updated with "guix
pull" and "guix package -u"). When I start emacs I get the following
message:

Gtk-Message: Failed to load module "canberra-gtk-module"
GLib-GIO-Message: Using the 'memory' GSettings backend.  Your settings
will not be saved or shared with other applications.

I'm on Debian 7.6 with the packages libcanberra-gtk-module and
libcanberra-gtk3-module. I've noticed that guix provides a libcanberra
package. Should I install that one as well? If yes, shouldn't the
emacs package install it automatically? Is it possible to make emacs
find the system installed libcanberra library?

Also I'm wondering about the meaning of the second line.

Regards,
Fede