guix-devel

python-3.3.5 test failures on i686 in core-updates

From: Mark H Weaver
Subject: python-3.3.5 test failures on i686 in core-updates
Date: Tue, 16 Sep 2014 13:44:20 -0400

Hello Guix,

We're trying to get core-updates built, as it includes glibc-2.20 which
includes fixes for a couple of CVEs, but we've run into a serious snag.
Python-3.3.5 fails its test suite on i686.  See:

  http://hydra.gnu.org/build/90159
  http://hydra.gnu.org/build/90159/log/tail-reload

I guess it's probably related to the glibc-2.20 update.  Interestingly,
the problem doesn't occur on x86_64.

Any volunteers to look into it?  If you have an i686 box running Guix,
you can compile the latest core-updates and get substitutes for all of
python-3's build dependencies.

     Mark