guix-devel

Re: emacs package

From: Andreas Enge
Subject: Re: emacs package
Date: Fri, 19 Sep 2014 10:07:25 +0200

On Fri, Sep 19, 2014 at 09:54:18AM +0200, Ludovic Courtès wrote:
> Emacs switched back to GTK+ 2 in commit 8b0275b6, but I forgot why.
> Andreas, do you remember the reason?

This was the moment when I added gtk+-3, so all packages previously compiled
with gtk+ = gtk+-2 were now compiled with gtk+ = gtk+-3. I reverted a bunch
of packages to gtk+-2 since apparently there were build problems (which could
simply mean missing an appropriate configure flag, which I did not check).

So if emacs plays well with gtk+-3, it would be a good idea to upgrade.

Andreas