guix-devel

Re: Bags

From: Alex Sassmannshausen
Subject: Re: Bags
Date: Fri, 03 Oct 2014 12:45:18 +0200

Hello,

Ludovic Courtès writes:

> John Darrington <address@hidden> skribis:
>
>> On Thu, Oct 02, 2014 at 02:33:53PM +0200, Ludovic Courtès wrote:
>>
>> [...] called “bags.”
>>
>> "Bags" can be too easily misread/typed as "bugs".
>
> But I’m open to suggestions (the synonyms that WordNet suggests aren’t
> good.)

You could use something like 'parcels' (maybe too close in meaning to
package) or 'containers' (maybe too long). Both would build on the idea
that you can have packages inside a parcel, or container — much like bag
probably does as well (as in santa clause's bag of presents/packages).

Either way, don't feel particularly strongly about this, so just a
suggestion :-)

Alex

--
Sent with my mu4e