guix-devel

Re: Suggestion: disable offloading for texlive builds on hydra?

From: Andreas Enge
Subject: Re: Suggestion: disable offloading for texlive builds on hydra?
Date: Wed, 29 Oct 2014 13:29:01 +0100

On Sun, Oct 26, 2014 at 03:12:40PM +0100, Ludovic Courtès wrote:
> -   (outputs '("out" "data"))
> +   (outputs '("out" "data" "doc"))

I just tried this, and it does not work:
builder for `/gnu/store/r39sf9gzfdlxb6q2c4zaz18z63mmc8fz-texlive-2014.drv'
failed to produce output path
`/gnu/store/s756nm0dcw57h64vimq6bz3hzmf4s40p-texlive-2014-doc'

So I think we need to shuffle things around ourselves. I will try to have a
look. A problem is that I need a working texlive, and compiling an additional
one may take too much space (in a leap of confidence, I just deleted my
texlive before trying the splitting of the docs, but I will not do this again;
well, using a usb stick for /tmp helps a bit...).

Apparently, texlive does not honour --docdir=..., although it does not
complain about the option. I asked about it on the texlive mailing list
and will wait for a suggestion.

In any case, it should be easy to just move the documentation directory; but
I will first need to recompile a working texlive to have a closer look at the
directory...

Andreas