guix-devel

Re: Changing python-wrapper to handle lib/ etc.

From: Andreas Enge
Subject: Re: Changing python-wrapper to handle lib/ etc.
Date: Tue, 4 Nov 2014 23:29:39 +0100

On Tue, Nov 04, 2014 at 10:40:14PM +0100, Ludovic Courtès wrote:
>   guix gc --references $(guix build libxcb) | grep python
> shows nothing.  So what about creating a bare-bones Python for that
> (perhaps with other optional dependencies removed, while we’re at it),
> and use that as a dependency for libxcb?

There is indeed no trace of python scripts in the installed files, but it is
used as a native input. I had hoped we might simply drop it, but it is
required for building. So adding a minimal python sounds like an option.
Or maybe just a clone of the current python (without tk), to minimise the
development work...

Andreas