guix-devel

Re: [ART] Background image for GRUB

From: Felipe López
Subject: Re: [ART] Background image for GRUB
Date: Thu, 06 Nov 2014 17:29:52 -0500

On 06/11/14 15:08, Bruno Félix Rezende Ribeiro wrote:

[...]

> Also, this is not a question of deserving the "Grand Name", since that
> name is rightfully ours: we are the ones working on it!  Don't let
> people say otherwise.  If even you, GNU hacker, are not sure whether or
> not you are working on the one true and complete GNU operating system,
> how can you expect other people to acknowledge it?  To me, it just
> doesn't make any sense.

I think this is a very important issue. I don't see why RMS would
complain if we call this system GNU, because it's GNU.

Something I learned from the GNU Project is that GNU is the operating
system and Linux-libre is the kernel. So I don't think not having the
Hurd ready is an obstacle.

Let's just go ahead and use the name. RMS will be glad to know that the
real GNU will be available for download in some months or a couple of
years (and not decades).

--
Luis Felipe López Acevedo
http://sirgazil.bitbucket.org/